Rum balls are a traditional favourite over the Christmas season. This recipe is a variation on a classic theme using Kahlúa’s rich, coffee flavour to enhance the dark chocolate and coconut. They are a delicious treat for the New Year’s Eve party.
New Year’s Eve Kahlúa Liqueur Balls
- 250g sweet biscuits
- 395 g Condensed milk
- 3 Tblsp Dutch Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 dark chocolate sprinkles
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Kahlúa liqueur
- 2/3 cup Sultanas
- Extra dessicated coconut to coat
- Place sultanas in an air tight container
- Pour over the Kahlúa liqueur, mix well and refridgerate for a week or at least a few hours.
- Using a rolling pin, crush the biscuits into a fine powder
- Put cocoa and crushed biscuits into a bowl
- Combine well with a wooden spoon
- Add condensed milk, vanilla, ¼ cup of coconut and the sultanas and liqueur to the bowl
- Combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon and refrigerate for at least half an hour or until the mixture is firm enough to roll
- Shape teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls and roll them in the extra coconut
- Place in a container in a single layer and store in the fridge until ready to serve
Serve with your favourite champagne and enjoy your New Year’s Eve celebrations!