These tasty little pastry treats are a wonderful nibbly to have as an appetizer over the Christmas season. They are so easy to make and can even be prepared ahead and frozen for baking when you need them.
Rosemary and Olive Palmiers
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 50g kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 25g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 4 slices salami, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 200ºC F
- Place olives, cheese, rosemary, salami, oil and mustard in a food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds or until mixture forms a paste.
- Place one sheet of pastry down and spread half the olive paste evenly over the pastry.
- Fold the two opposite sides over to meet in the centre.
- Fold in this way once again
- Then fold in half again this will give 8 layers of pastry in a log shape
- Place a layer of baking paper on a baking tray
- Cut the pastry into into 1 cm slices from the pastry log
- Place cut side up on the prepared trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Shape the slices slightly at the folded end to give a v shape
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and olive paste.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot (they can also be made ahead and heated again in the oven for a few minutes)
* Note: You can make up the pastry rolls ahead and freeze then. Then just thaw them in the refrigerator to cut and bake the next day.