Some time ago, our dedicated and knowledgeable gardener, Deborah shared some of her great zucchini recipes with us.
To inaugurate our blog, we post these delicious recipes here with many thanks to her for her generosity and great contribution to our garden.
Here are Deborah’s recipes with her comments.
- 4-5 zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 ½ cups sr flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
(I only used 1 ½ cups sugar and still quite sweet)
- Shred zucchini making 2 cups.
- Place eggs into bowl, process until pale in colour.
- Add sugar, vanilla and oil, process until slightly thickened, approx 30 secs.
- Add walnuts and shredded zucchini and process until walnuts are roughly
- Lastly add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Process until combined.
- Place mixture into two well-greased 21cm x 11cm loaf tins.
- Bake in a moderate Oven for 45-50 mins or until cooked when tested.
- Cool on wire cake cooler, serve sliced.
(I only had a loaf tin which I used and it made a nice high cake. Alternatively, a square cake tin can be used)
- 375g zucchini, grated with skin on
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 3 rashers bacon chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup SR flour
- ½ cup oil
- 5 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 grated carrot can be added.
1. Lightly fry onions and bacon, allow to cool.
2. Mix all ingredients together, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake in moderate oven until set and golden brown ( ½ to ¾ hr)
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 ½ cups chopped onions
- 1 ½ cups chopped capsicums
- ¼ cup organic salt
- 2 ¼ cups white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp celery seed
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan and cook for 29 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but not soft.
- While still hot, pack into hot sterilised bottling jars, seal and process in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes.