Celeriac is a delicious root vegetable with a lovely celery flavour. This simple recipe is posted to encourage you to try celeriac, which is easily found at the moment.
Look out for fresh celeriac which will have a good colour and fresh looking leaves. The centre of the celeriac should not be hollow. It may not have its leaves so look at the bulb itself to determine its freshness as celeriac can be stored for up to 8 months.
- 1 Celeriac bulb with the leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- White Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley, chopped (if your celeriac does not have its leaves)
- Wash the celeriac bulb
- Remove the stems and leaves and wash them carefully and reserve the stems to use for their flavour in other dishes ( you can also chop the stems and include them for extra flavour if you wish
- Cut the bulb in half and then into wedges and peel the rough outer skin off the bulb
- Cut the celeriac into smaller pieces
- Steam the bulb pieces and the leaves in a double steamer for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool and then place into a salad bowl
- If you could not get a cleriac with its leaves, scatter with chopped parsley
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dress with the extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar
- Serve as an accompaniment to any main course.