February in Sydney is still hot and humid. This quick and easy omelette and a green garden salad is the perfect lunch. It can also be served with some Turkish bread oiled and covered with salt flakes and nigella seeds (black cumin seeds) and baked for a few minutes till it is crisp and delicious.
Potato, Cheese and Parsley Omelette
- 4 organic free range eggs
- 1 large desiree potato
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- salt and ground black pepper
- splash of milk
- 2 tblsp olive oil.
- 1 small knob of butter
- Peel and cut the potato and slice across into rounds that are about 6mm thick.
- Steam the potato until tender
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add salt and ground pepper
- Add the parsley and cheese and whisk thoroughly
- Heat olive oil and butter on medium high in a small frypan
- Gently place the cooked potato rounds and fry till golden on both sides
- Gently pour over the beaten eggs being careful to keep the potato slices in place.
- Turn the heat to low an slowly cook till the bottom is browned well and the egg on top is nearly set.
- Using a plate or a flat saucepan lid turn the omelette and cook until the bottom is well coloured.
- Turn out on a serving dish and serve with a green garden salad and your favourite crusty bread. I have brushed a turkish bread with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled over generously with crushed salt flakes and nigella seeds and cooked for 4 minutes in a hot oven at 200 C