The Guava trees are laden with fruit and the fragrance permeating the house from the harvested pink guavas is amazing.
This is a simple way to enjoy the flavour and freshness of guavas and reap the benefit of their high vitamin C content. In fact, the vitamin C of one guava is equivalent to that of 5 oranges.
Fresh Guava with Lime and Sugar
- 1/2 Kg Pink Guava
- 5 tsp heaped sugar, white or raw
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Wash the guavas
- Cut the tops and tails from the fruit
- Cut the guavas in half
- Dice coarsely
- Place the pieces in a container (with a lid)
- Sprinkle sugar over the fruit
- Pour the juice of the lime over everything
- Combine together well
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours but overnight would be better to develop the flavours (if you can wait)
- Serve for a refreshing dessert