Angie shares this quick and really tasty recipe using cauliflower and broccolini with prosciutto to make a delicious pasta dish.
Angie’s Spaghetti with Cauliflower and Broccolini
- 1/2 cup of cauliflower florets cut into quarters per person
- A handful of broccolini or broccoli florets per person
- 100 g spaghetti per person
- 5 slices of prosciutto, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, halved then thinly sliced
- 3 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil
- While the water is coming to the boil put in the cauliflower florets
- When the water boils add the pasta and after stirring well add the broccolini and cook as per the instructions lowering the heat to medium low and part covering the pot
- Meanwhile put the olive oil and the knob of butter into a saucepan over a medium heat
- When the butter foams add the garlic and cook for one minute
- Add the chopped prosciutto and cook for a further couple of minutes and then set aside
- When the spaghetti is cooked drain the water off
- Return the spaghetti and vegetables to the pot and toss through the olive oil with the garlic and proscuitto.
- Serve with lots of parmasan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
Growing your own ingredients: