This is great vegetarian salad that is perfect for lunch and so healthy. Marinaded artichokes, cucumber, baby cos lettuce, red capsicum, mini Roma tomatoes, walnuts and Spanish Onions, all add a rainbow of colour to the cooked green lentils. Served with a vinaigrette dressing and crusty bread it makes a delicious lunch.
Lentil, Walnut and Vegetable Salad
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 medium cucumber, cut lengthwise and then sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 10 mini Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 baby Cos lettuce, washed and leaves torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, broken into pieces
- 1 Spanish red onion sliced in rings
- 1 cup marinaded artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup of parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/3 cup White Balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place lentils, cucumber, capsicum, tomato, lettuce, artichoke hearts, parsley, onion and walnuts into a large salad bowl
- Gently toss well to distribute all the vegetables thoroughly
- Place the white balsamic vinegar into a small bowl.
- Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly, until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette dressing
- Serve with crusty sourdough bread