Sometimes its the simple things that are the best. Angie shared this delicious spinach frittata with us and has given us her recipe. It makes a wonderful and satisfying meal.
Angie’s Spinach Frittata
- 4 eggs
- half a bunch of spinach – chop stalks finely and leaves roughly
- 2 medium onions chopped finely
- 1 tblsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic – diced
- 1 stick of celery chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- basil (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180º C F
- Blanch the spinach and set aside to cool.
- Fry the onion, garlic and celery in olive oil until cooked and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs, add salt, pepper and basil.
- Then add the cooled spinach and onion mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly oiled pie dish and cook for about 30-40mins (until the eggs are set and coloured on the top).
- Let the frittata rest and cool down slightly before serving.
Growing your ingredients: