Here are the perfect scones that say I love you to your favourite person with heart shaped scones for the perfect morning or afternoon tea.
Heart Shaped Scones
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 30 g Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 250C
- Sift the flour and salt
- Using the finger tips combine the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. (You can also make the scones using a food processor)
- Gradually add the milk till the scone dough forms a soft ball.
- Handle the dough as little as is possible and flatten it out gently with your hands forming it to a thickness of 2.5 cm
- Using a floured heart shaped cutter, cut out the scones and place them on a tray that is lined with baking paper, with the sides of the hearts touching each other. (this helps them to steady as they rise and preserves their shape)
- Brush the tops of the scones with milk
- Place into the oven on the top shelf and bake for 7 minutes
- Check the colour after this and leave another 2 minutes to brown to your liking if needed.
- After the colour is perfect cover with a sheet of foil and bake for 5 minutes more
- Take out of the oven and place in a basket lined with a tea towel or other cloth and cover the basket loosely to keep warm
- Serve with your favourite jam ( like the plum and cinnamon jam) and a good dollop of double cream.