Peas are delicious and the combination of dill with peas is magic. This recipe is a tasty mix of well caramelised onion and garlic along with the dill and peas. This dish can accompany your favourite meat or be paired with fried rice as vegetarian lunch.
Peas with Dill
- 2 cups peas
- 1 large onion,finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Use a large broad fry pan that has a lid
- Over a low heat pour in the oil and add the knob of butter to the large fry pan.
- Add onions, stirring through the oil and cover and cook until soft (about 10 minutes)
- Stir through the minced garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes
Add in the peas, stirring them through the cooked onion.
Cover the peas with water and simmer on a low heat, with the lid on for 30 minutes
Stir in the dill, and season with salt and pepper
Cook for a further 20 minutes with the lid on
- Remove the lid, raise the heat to medium and cook until the liquid is evaporated
- Check the seasoning and serve with your favourite roast meats, steak or even mixed into some fried rice for a nice vegetarian lunch. You can find a recipe for the fried rice here.