The strawberry patch is blooming and the strawberries are big and luscious. There are so many ways to prepare strawberries that when I came across this simple but easy and delicious ice cream, I had to share it with you.
The team at skinnymom.com have kindly given us permission to reproduce the recipe here. You can check out their site for other healthy recipes.
4 Ingredient Strawberry, Banana Ice cream
- 2 bananas sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup of strawberries halved and frozen
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. The consistency should be like soft serve ice cream.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container large enough to hold 2 cups and freeze for at least three hours.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop and serve cold.
Makes 2 cups (serving size 1 cup)