Banana bread is always a delicious accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea. The flavour of this cake is enhanced by the the addition of coconut. With the hot weather there are always a couple of bananas that ripen quickly so why not give this recipe a try.
Coconut Banana Bread
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed down firmly
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C
- Grease and line a deep loaf pan with baking paper
- Sift flour and baking powder
- Add the dessicated coconut and mix through
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and sugar together
- Add the mashed banana, whisking to combine well
- Add the melted butter to the milk
- Add the milk and butter to the egg mix and whisking it gently
- Add the flour gradually, gently whisking it through till everything is well combined
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan
- Tap the pan to settle the mix and smooth the top using a spatula
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cake is well browned and a skewer inserted comes out cleanly.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Add 1/2 cup of grated apple.
One thought on “Coconut Banana Bread”
Looks really good!