After having harvested the peanuts from our garden, they have dried and are cured and ready for eating and making some delicious cookies. This recipe was given to me by a dear friend Elizabeth and I would like to share it with you
Peanut and Almond cookies
- 500g Raw Peanuts (skinned and chopped finely, see note below) or regular roasted but unsalted, chopped finely, if unavailable.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
- Extra granulated sugar to roll the cookies in
- 1 tsp of Almond Essence
- Separate the eggs
- Beat the egg whites until peaks form
- Beat egg yolks, caster sugar and almond essence
- Fold through the chopped peanuts combining well
- Gently fold through the beaten egg whites
- Take tablespoons if the mixture and roll it into balls
- Roll the balls in sugar in a plastic bag
- Place the balls on lined baking paper on a tray 5 cm apart
- Bake in oven at 400 C for 10 mins until brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing.
How to skin raw peanuts:
Blanch the shelled peanuts in boiling water a few at a time and set aside. After a few minutes rub the skin off gently.
Spread the peanuts in a baking tray and place in the oven at 180 C for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool then rub the skins off.
One thought on “Peanut and Almond Cookies”
These cookies sound delicious and Anne Of Green Gables is my favourite film! x