As Christmas approaches it is time to start making all those wonderful Christmas biscuits that bring back memories.
These simple cherry macaroons are on old time favourite and this is Elena’s recipe for delicious macaroons that have those Christmas colours.
- 1 can of Condensed Milk
- 250 g dessicated coconut
- red and green glace cherries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Combine coconut and condensed milk in a bowl and mix well
- Shape 2 level teaspoons into a ball
- Toss into a plastic bag with extra coconut
- Place on oven tray and push a halved glace cherry into the middle of the ball
- Repeat with remaining mixture alternating the colour of the cherries and spacing them 3 cm apart.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned
- Leave on tray for two minutes and then lift onto a rack to cool.
- They will keep sealed in a tin for a week
Makes 36 macaroons