This is a Mediterranean style potato salad that brings together roasted capsicum, red onion with a light vinaigrette. A perfect salad to accompany grilled meats.
Potato and Roasted Capsicum Salad
- 6 large desiree potatoes
- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 medium red onion, cut into fine rings then cut in half to form strips
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 5 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tblsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Roast capsicum in a hot oven at 200 C turning often until the skin is charred and starts to blister.
- Remove from oven and rest covered in foil for 10 minutes
- The skins should now be easy to peel away
- Remove the seeds and cut the flesh into thin strips
- Steam the potatoes until they are cooked (about 45-60 mins) by bringing them to the boil and then lowering the heat till cooked.
- Let the potatoes cool and come to room temperature.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise and then into chunks
- Put them into a bowl and combine with the capsicums strips, a large the parsley and the red onion.
- In another bowl whisk the oil, vinegar, minced garlic salt and pepper and then pour the dressing over the potato mix, tossing it through the salad till well covered.
- This salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for later.