These sweet banana chillies are oven roasted to give them a smoky flavour and then marinaded in balsamic vinegar, garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
Roasted and Marinaded Banana Chillies
- 10 – 12 Banana Chillies
- 1/3 cup White Balsamic Vinegar (Balsum) or other white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix together olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and garlic
Cooking the Banana Chillies
- Pre heat oven to 200 C
- Wash and dry the banana chillies
- Lay them out on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Roast for 12-15 minutes and then turn to roast the other side for 10 mins.
- Roast until the skins a charred and blistered and the flesh is tender
- Remove from the oven and wrap the chillies in foil to steam
- Gently remove the skin from the chillies
- Lay the skinned chillies in a bowl and pour dressing over each layer seasoning as you go.
- Leave the chillies to absorb the flavours.
Growing your ingredients- Growing Chillies